How much do you know about color?
I'm so pleased to see this workshop by Elizabeth as so many students ask me about color... Color combinations, color and contrast, value, intensity, and temperature. Now I can direct them to this in-depth class so they can learn it inside out with the help of veteran teacher/designer Elizabeth Barton. She doesn't leave any stone unturned!
- Have you ever puzzled about why your quilt or painting wasn’t quite working very well but you couldn’t put your finger on it?
- Have you ever been totally confused as to which color will go best with the ones you already have?
- Do you end up just copying the colors in the photograph of the landscape? And then think the painting feels a bit flat?
- Do you try fabric after fabric auditioning different ones to see which is best?
- Do you know how to create a specific mood in your painting or fiber art?
- Do you know why certain color combinations just seem to work so much better than others?
Then this workshop is definitely for you.
By the end of the course, you will have an understanding of
- The properties of color: hue, value, intensity, temperature
- Deriving a color scheme using the color wheel
- Deriving a color scheme using photographs
- The use of contrast in color.
- Special effects with color
- Psychological effects of color: using color to create a mood.
This course has a wealth of information, not for just quilters but for painters, fibre artists, crafters, even landscape gardeners. Join Elizabeth today.
You can find out more information here: The Color Course
About Elizabeth Barton: Elizabeth was born in York, England, educated in England and the US, receiving a Ph.D in 1975. She emigrated to the US in 1976. While working in health service at the University of Georgia, she began to make quilts, focusing on art quilts with the encouragement of an NEA grant in 1995. Read more about her quilts and online workshops...
For more information & updates be sure to sign up for our newsletter
You can unsubscribe anytime!