November Challenge Week 4
Over the weekend, Emma set to and finished off her challenge piece. Here's how she got on...
Task: To Quilt and finish off
To complete my piece I wanted to add some quilted leaves. I used the same leaf design and made a freezer paper template to stitch around using free-motion quilting. I drew three and cut them out then used them to get an idea of placement.
After a bit of 'warming up' I went about quilting my first leaf.
I added several more both on the river bank and on the Bargello river.
Mum snapped a photo of me busily quilting on her machine.
To add some further interest to the piece I wanted to add some beads but before doing so I asked mum what else could be ued to enhance the water. She suggested Angelina fibers. This is the first time I have ever worked with this. Mum had a few to choose from - I found a very pale blue one that I thought would work well. I didn't want it too thick so just used a few fibers placing them between two pressing sheets and then gently pressing them to bond the fibers together.
I place the bonded fiber over the water section and pinned it in place. Mum said it would have been better to do this before I did the applique and quilting so that's something to remember for next time.
I will use the beads to hold the fiber in place and then trim along the river banks and leaves so the fibers only cover the water area.
Just a few more beads and the final trimming and I'm complete!
For more information & updates be sure to sign up for our newsletter
You can unsubscribe anytime!