Card Trick and Grecian Square Quilt
Last Monday, I put together two blocks "Card Trick" and "Grecian Square" to see how they looked. They coupled well together I thought so this week I made some more to make a small quilt. I wanted to share the requirements with you. I made a total of EIGHT "Card Trick" blocks and SEVEN "Grecian Square" blocks. The blocks are 6" finished blocks.
For "Card Trick" cut:
- One strip 3" wide of four different fabrics - sub-cut these into EIGHT 3" squares
- One strip 3 1/4" wide of the same four fabrics - sub-cut these into FOUR 3 1/4" squares
- Two strips 3" wide of background fabric - sub-cut into SIXTEEN 3" squares
- One strip 3 1/4" wide of background fabric - sub-cut into EIGHT 3 1/4" squares
For "Grecian Square" cut:
- Two strips 1 1/2" wide from light and medium fabrics (total of four strips)
- One strip 3" wide - sub-cut into FOURTEEN 3" squares (you may be short one square so cut a single)
- Seven 2 1/2" squares - these can be cut from remainder of background strips in Card Trick.
I put the four Card Trick blocks that turned the same in each corner. Then I added a 2" black border. Now I have some really fun bright fabrics that I would like to use for the next border but cannot decide which one to use. Can you help me decide?