Today I tried a new recipe that a friend gave me. I never really thought of grilling fruit with chicken but hey, I'll try anything once. Well, I loved it so much that I want to eat it again for dinner tomorrow.
This is so simple and made with no fuss at all. I added a salad on the side to get my greens!
Here's the recipe if you'd like to try it too.
- Sprinkle a chicken breast (or however many you want to serve) with oregano, thyme, salt and pepper, on both sides.
- Grill in the oven for 10 minutes on both sides.
- Drizzle a little white wine over the chicken and top with fresh pineapple, peaches and cherries.
- Grill for 10 more minutes and you're done.
While it was cooking, I made a couscous salad to have with it.
To make a serving for 4, I use:
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or water
- 2 tbls lemon or lime juice (preferrably fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
Then add any of the following or combine several:
- finely diced red onion
- chick peas
- red bell pepper
- grated carrot
Give it a try and let me know what you think!